CHAMBER OF INDEPENDENT APPRAISERS IN BULGARIA (CIAB)
G. S. Rakovski Str., 122 B
Tel: + 359 2 483 38 63
+ 359 884 113 900
Chairman: Svetlana Dermendzhieva
Directors: Ivo Kostov, Olga Petrova, Ivan Mitev, Violeta Kasarova, Krasimira Petkova and Mariyana Arabadzhieva
Managing Director: Iliya Hrischev
Secretariat: 4 staff in Sofia
Regional branches: in Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, Burgas, Russe, Shumen, Stara Zagora and Pleven.
Number of qualified valuers (individual members): 896
Number of valuation companies: none
Member of TEGoVA since: 2012
Category of membership: Full
CIAB is a professional organisation of individual valuers practicing appraisal across the territory of Republic of Bulgaria
Permanent Representative to TEGoVA
Member of the Board
Brief History and Role
The Chamber of Independent Appraisers in Bulgaria (CIAB) is a legal entity of own financing with headquarters in Sofia which was set down in the Law of Independent Appraisers. It was established by its Constituent Assembly in March 2009 were its Statutes, the Professional Ethics Code were accepted, and the chairs and the members of the Board of Trustees, the Control Council and the Professional Ethics Commission were elected. CIAB was registered on the Registry Agency on 13th May, 2009.
CIAB is a professional organisation of physical entities practicing appraisal across the territory of Republic of Bulgaria. CIAB provides and guarantees practicing of the independent appraiser's profession in social interest. It is the empowered body to certify the independent appraiser professional qualification under the Law of Certifying of Professional Qualifications.
The Chamber of Independent appraisers organises and conducts the independent appraisers' activities by the following:
• Organises and conducts examinations of candidates for independent appraisers. The Chamber is the only issuer of the Certificate of Independent Appraiser;
• Registers independent appraisers
• Administers the Public Register of the Independent Appraisers;
• Organises upgrading qualification courses for its members;
• Approves appraisal standards;
• Issues reference books and other guides through which keeps methodological guidance on the independent appraisers' practice;
• Creates, approves and puts into practice a system of control and reporting results of the independent appraisers' practice;
• Traces of proper observation of the Professional Ethics Code;
• Assists in arranging disputes and arguments between independent appraisers, so as between them and third sides;
• Communicates the independent appraisers' society with authorities, organisations both local and international, and with the civil society,
• And practices various other activities, set out in its Statutes.
Principal Areas of Policy
• Professional qualification and certification;
• Creation and promoting of professional standards;
• Keeping professional ethics observation;
• Establishing business inner and international relations.
The Chamber of Independent Appraisers ruling and control bodies are the General Assembly, the Board of Trustees (consisting of chairman plus 6 board members), the Control Council (consisting of chairman plus 4 council members), and the Professional Ethics Commission (consisting of chairman plus 4 commission members).
The Chairman of the Board of Trustees is the empowered representative of the Chamber.
The Chamber is a uniform organisation throughout the territory of Republic of Bulgaria. According to a resolution of the Board of Trustees 8 local divisions were established, all of them regional bodies structured according the Statutes of the Chamber.
Any independent appraiser entered on the Register of the Independent Appraisers in Bulgaria has the right to be a member of the Chamber of Independent Appraisers in Bulgaria.
CIAB was founded on the basis of Law of independent appraisers. According to this law CIAB is a regulatory body of the profession "independent appraiser" and solely certifying authority in Bulgaria. CIAB keeps a public register of all certified appraisers in the country that are totaling 3641. Members of CIAB are 896 out of this total number, since according to this law membership at CIAB is voluntary and not obligatory.
Every member shall pay annual membership dues.
* Publications on the Chambers' site.
* A (periodical) edition of the Chamber is planned to be issued in near future.
* CIAB translated the European Valuation Standards 2009 into Bulgarian.