UNION DES GÉOMÈTRES-EXPERTS DE BRUXELLES (UGEB-ULEB)
Rue du Nord 76
Tel: +32 2 217 39 72
Fax: +32 2 219 31 47
President: Georges Adler
Vice-President (FR): Francis Gabele
Vice-President (NL): Guy Vanhalewijn
Secretary: Christian Kaprielian
Number of direct members: 200
Number of qualified valuers (individuals): 60
Number of student members (individuals): 20
Member of TEGoVA since: 2014
Category of membership: Full
Founded in 1876, UGEB-ULEB represents the expert surveyors of the regions of Brussels, Walloon Brabant and Flemish Brabant.
Permanent Representative to TEGoVA
Member of the Board
SERGE MERCKX SPRL
Géomètres - Experts Immobiliers
Avenue Winston Churchill 246, bte 7
Tél + 32 (0)2 346 16 57
Fax + 32 (0)2 346 13 05
Mobile +32 (0)475 31 56 66
Brief History and Role
Founded in 1876, the 'Union des Géomètres - Experts de Bruxelles' was authorised, at the beginning of the last century, to be called 'Société Royale des géomètres-experts immobliliers'.
Its goal is to defend the material, professional and ethical interests of its members, to create fraternal ties and solidarity ties between them and to develop the esprit de corps and unity required for the practice of the profession and to initiate, promote and support all theoretical and practical work related to the profession.
- The General Assembly which meets twice a year
- The Board of Directors which elects the Chairman, two Vice-Chairmen, a Secretary, an Assistant Secretary, a Treasurer and an Assistant Treasurer
Brussels-Capital Region, Brabant Wallon Province, Vlaams Brabant Province.
The UGEB-ULEB consists of natural persons.
The member categories are as follows:
- Voting members
- Honorary voting members
- Retired voting members
- Honorary members
- Voting member applicants
- Contributing members
- Student members
Voting members are individuals who:
1. Were statutorily admitted by the Board of Directors of the UGEB-ULEB prior to 31 December 1997 and have not resigned.
2. Hold a Land Surveyor's diploma issued in application of the Royal Decrees of 31 July 1825, 1 December 1921, 18 May 1936 or of the Regent's Decree of 16 June 1947 instituting a single examination for certain diploma holders to obtain their surveyor's diploma and who have been approved by the Board of Directors by a majority vote, after being sponsored by two voting members who are not on the Board of Directors, and who are also holders of a certificate of good conduct and commit to complying with the articles of association and the internal rules of the association.
3. Members who have been voting member applicants of the association for more than two years and are admitted by the Board of Directors by a majority vote.
Honorary voting members are:
Voting members granted honorary status by the Board of Directors for services rendered to the UGEB-ULEB and the profession over a period of minimum 20 years.
Retired voting members are:
Voting members who want to continue to take part in UGEB-ULEB activities after the end of their professional careers.
Student members are:
Individuals who are enrolled in an educational programme leading to one of the above-listed diplomas and all individuals in a traineeship programme to obtain the Licensed Surveyor title and diploma and are admitted by the Board of Directors at their request.
Contributing members are:
Individuals who don't have one of the above-listed diplomas but are engaged in similar professional activities or in activities closely related to those of Surveyors and are approved by the Board of Directors after being sponsored by two voting members who are not on the Board of Directors, and who are also holders of a certificate of good conduct and commit to complying with the articles of association and the internal rules of the association.