SYNDICAT NATIONAL DES PROFESSIONNELS IMMOBILIERS (SNPI)
26 Avenue Victor Hugo
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 64 91 91
Fax: +33 (0)1 53 64 91 81
President: Alain Duffoux REV
Vice-President: Gérard Fons REV
Treasurer: Denis Gasc REV
Syndic: Serge Troubat REV
Secretariat: 15 staff
Number of direct members: 9.750
Number of qualified valuers (individuals): 300
Member of TEGoVA since: 2003
Category of membership: Full
With 9.600 members (real estate agents, property managers and valuers), the SNPI is present throughout the national territory, in Metropolitan France, as well as in the Antilles, Réunion and Guyane.
Permanent Representatives to TEGoVA
Gérard Fons REV
Vice-President of SNPI
Past President of TEGoVA FRANCE
Member of the Board of TEGoVA FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)5 61 77 02 77
Fax: +33 (0)5 61 23 86 55
Adviser to the President of SNPI
Past Vice-Chairman of TEGoVA
Member of the Board of TEGoVA France
Tel: +33 (0)1 53 64 91 77
Fax: +33 (0)1 53 64 91 81
Brief History and Role
Created in 1963, the Syndicat National des Professionnels Immobiliers (SNPI) is fully involved in the defence of the profession and its members, and pursuing its action, at all levels, with the Public Authorities and the institutions.
With 9.600 members (real estate agents, property managers and valuers), SNPI is present throughout the national territory, in Metropolitan France, as well as in the Antilles, Reunion and Guyane.
<b>Members' services.</b> All professionals who are members of SNPI can count on very high-quality services:
* An efficient legal department provides advice and guidance on important decisions that they have to take on a daily basis;
* A constantly updated legal database available on the professional intranet of SNPI, www.snpi.fr;
* Training and qualifying programmes adapted on on-going basis to their needs;
* Frequent proximity information meetings which are as much friendly gatherings for exchanges;
* A centralised real estate offer, thanks to SNPI's PROFESSIONAL INTRANET site, an exclusive service for professionals to share the properties for sale through the Fichier Français Immobilier des Professionnels (FFIP), co-founded, together with SNPI, by CNAB, CENTURY 21 and ORPI.
<b>Public Affairs.</b> SNPI is in constant contact with the competent Ministries for the preparation or amendment of legislation or regulations concerning real estate, and in particular: the status of professionals, the status of co-ownership, town and country planning policy, and the real-estate sector. In the same vein, it maintains close relations with a certain number of members of parliament.
SNPI has a permanent seat in numerous national authorities:
* National Collective Bargaining Agreement for the Real Estate Sector that regulates relations between employers and salaried employees;
* National Advisory Committee on Housing which is called upon to give its opinion on a certain number of regulations or to propose amendments for others;
* It occasionally attends the deliberations of other organisations, including the Agence Nationale pour la Maîtrise de l'Energie, and the Commission Nationale Informatique et Liberté.
In addition to these national actions, SNPI is active - through its members - in a number of institutions at provincial or local level: the Commercial Court, Elected Industrial Tribunals, Provincial Arbitration Committee for Commercial Leases, Chambers of Commerce, etc.
For its international relations, SNPI has opted to join the Conseil européen des Professions Immobilières (CEPI) and the Fédération Internationale des Professions Immobilières (FIABCI) as well as the European Group of Valuers' Associations (TEGoVA).
Principal Areas of Policy
* Public Affairs
* Education & Training
* National and international networking
The Association's governing body is the Board made up of a minimum of 6 members appointed by the President.
* Real Estate Agents
* Property Managers
* Real Estate Valuers
Code of Conduct
<b> Code of Conduct.</b> Several years ago SNPI already adopted a code of conduct and a Charter of ethics for its members, that define the main principles of professional ethics and which govern relations between professionals and their clients beyond the relevant French regulations.
<b>Sanctions.</b> Non-compliance with the regulations and the rules of procedure of SNPI shall in no way be tolerated and shall be subject to sanctions including the expulsion of the defaulting member from SNPI.
* A in-house bullettin is published every three month.
* TEGoVA FRANCE translated the European Valuation Standards 2012 into French.